Saturday, January 24, 2009

Another fight

So Mr. Perfect and I got in another nasty argument last night. I am trying to book our engagement pictures for this spring during cherry blossom season. So that gives us about a 3 week window. On top of that, Mr. Perfect is finishing up last semester at school (in Detroit, E is not moving here to DC where I live till after graduation in spring), and our photographer has to fly down to DC to do our shoot... I really wanted her to do the e-pics, and she agreed to fly down for us. Well Mr. Perfect's school sucks and his professor pretty much expects him to put damn class above EVERYTHING... so Mr. Perfect can't set a date for when he can fly down here for the shoot. Well I have been badgering him because I want to give our photographer a heads up and get everything booked and ready... well you can guess it started another argument because Mr. Perfect wouldn't commit to the date that looks the best for everyone. It is penciled in for the Monday right after his spring break ends, which he said would probably be the best. He doesn't have class on Monday so I figured that gives him the majority of his SPRING BREAK (key word break here) to work on whatever school projects he needs to get done. He says his professor expects the students to be working on their films during their spring break. What??? It is called a break for a reason!!! So I am trying my best to accomodate him (I have to take off work that day). But honestly how can he let his professor rule his entire life like that??? I mean it is a two-three days he would be down here. How ridiculous is this?
So I feel sooooo frustrated... and Mr. Perfect feels soooo frustrated and on top of the long distance, it just sucks. So it turns into a stupid huge argument (once again!). I understand to some degree where he is coming from... we both NEED him to graduate this spring. But at the same time, how does 2 days out of an entire semester really matter, especially since they are over his spring break?? How can a professor expect to control people's lives like this?
I don't deal well with not knowing the Whys of things, and this is one of those times, that I can't let it go, until I understand it.
So... I am frustrated as hell to say the least. Mr. Perfect is frustrated as hell... and we are getting nowhere.
The one thing good that did come out of the argument was that he understood why I feel that this engagement shoot is so important.... he knows and I know that yes in the end we don't NEED to do the shoot during cherry blossom season (but hell I am a bridezilla when it comes to this, I can admit it), but I just LOVE cherry blossoms!!! And to me it encompasses the beginning of our new life together in DC... and that is why I really want to do it then... so he understands the superficial part. But what really got to me is the fact that he understood I want this engagement shoot to represent our relationship... to celebrate our relationship and to celebrate our future together... and I REALLY needed him to understand that and tell me he did.
So I guess the argument had a silver lining. We may have not gotten anywhere with it, but at least he understands me... I just need to work on better understanding where he is coming from.
Im just sick of this stupid university keeping us apart I guess... and yes I am pouting. But his graduation (and therefore arrival in DC date) has already been delayed 5 months and this among other things involving his school and our relationship is just rearing the last straw.
I just feel like his school has been putting so many important things in this relationship and our engagement on hold, and I don't want to have to deal with it any longer. And that is really what it comes down to. 3 months to go, and I hope to God that diploma is in his hand. E-pics or not.

No comments: